Welcome to Mercury Investing.
If you’re a value investor like me, then you’ve come to the right place. If you’re not sure value investing is for you, then please stick around and check out the site content before you make your decision.
My name is Michael Alfred, but you can call me Mike.
My background is in technology, not finance. What this means is that my head isn’t filled with high-flying, new-economy financial theory nonsense that universities pump out these days to justify the absurdity of wall street.
What I lack in letters following my name I make up for in experience. 20 years of active investing experience – counting 3 (as of March, 2020) bubbles and subsequent busts, to be exact.
What you won’t find at Mercury Investing.
What you won’t find here:
- Hot picks
- How to spot and utilize various trends
- How to trade momentum plays
If you’re looking for a “get rich quick on wall street!” site, you’ve come to the wrong place.
The information here is not for day traders and would likely irritate them. This is a site about investing, not speculating. We focus on fundamentals, not hot trends.
What you will find here.
- Articles and commentary about fundamental value investing as it pertains to individual stocks and the market as a whole.
- Articles on determining company valuation.
- Articles on Value Investing philosophy
Thank you for stopping by.